Facebook ads for interior designers: What's your experience?

dana

dana

Hi,
Have any of you’ll used Facebook ads for marketing your interior designing services? We got our brand audited by a marketing company last month and they recommended that we use those ads for widening our viewership. However, I'm really not sure whether we should go for it or not. I don’t really know whether it is suitable for our target market. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Thanks!

K

KY

I have heard a lot of people say that Facebook marketing is a thing of the past. But that’s not necessarily true. Having the right campaign can really help you succeed. An FB ad is much more than just an ad. You really want people to buy your product/service. Maybe not immediately, but certainly within the next month or so. Seeing your brand in their newsfeed regularly really helps to keep your brand at the top of their minds.

If you aren’t sure if these ads will be viewed by your target market, you may be right. Talk to the marketing firm about it. They may suggest different options or different strategies.

If you’d like, we can chat personally and I can guide you with a little more specifications. Cheers!

B

broderick

Hi.
I'm not very enthusiastic about Facebook either. I know that some businesses find it really helpful and it boosts their sales a lot, but it’s not my cup of tea. I own a designing firm as well. But most of my clients have been acquired by referrals. I find that word of mouth has worked the best for me. I have developed my customer base purely on the personal relationships that I have with my current clients. This is my personal choice. Hope you find what you are looking for! Good luck!

amaree

amaree

I have gotten 3 clients in the last 10 months from facebook ads alone! However, I'm mot marketing as frequently as I should be. I do like facebook ads for the sole reason that it’s less expensive than google ads. One thing common with both these platforms is that you need to be super consistent with your ads. You need to have at lease 2 ads per month to get a good return on your investment.

B

Breck

I haven’t ever used Facebook to advertise my firm. I have paid for a page in the local chamber of commerce directory. That, along with word of mouth publicity has allowed me to survive in this industry for 10 years. Of course, when I started out, Facebook wasn’t really that popular, so I'm not really sure about how it will work for you.

V

Vance

Well, I might have a different perspective here. As a digital marketing professional, I would say that when you decide to put up ads on Facebook, you should have a clear idea of what your ultimate goals are.

I do agree that for an interior designing firm, Facebook may not be the best way to generate leads. However, it is a great tool to increase your brand-awareness amongst people.

Pinterest might be the best platform for an interior designer, mainly because of its statistics-40% of its users have a household income of more than 100K and 70% of the users are women. Getting the point?

If you need any assistance, feel free to reach out to me. Good luck!

andraya

andraya

I don’t have any personal experience of using (or not using) FB ads. For me, Houzz.com has been a great platform for generating leads. 50% of my business is from there and the rest is from referrals and some from the local chamber of commerce.

B

Brayton1989

All the social media platforms such as FB, Insta, Twitter work together. These may not be great for generating a lot of business directly, but they certainly help your brand to reach to a large number of people. This increases your chances of getting more ‘likes’ and increasing the number of times it is ‘shared’. Of course, the content that you use plays a very important role in increasing the probability of your brand reaching the right audience.

We have been in the digital marketing business since the last 5 years, so if you are interested in knowing more, I would love to chat with you! Have a great day!

Brailee78

Brailee78

I wouldn’t recommend it. It doesn’t work in our industry. Interior designing is more of a word of mouth and referral kind of an industry. None of my associates have had any kind of success with any kind of ads, be it Facebook or anything else. Don't waste your money.

L

LuCuS

I think that for designers, Facebook is an essential part of the entire social media network, which includes our website, Instagram and Houzz. Facebook is a great platform for showcasing your work, increasing public engagement and increasing your brand awareness. So yes, Facebook is important, but not as a sole source of marketing. And certainly not its paid ads. You can build your own page and develop strategies along with your marketing team to reach a larger audience.

dana

dana

Thank you so much everyone! I see a lot of mixed inputs. So for now, I will put it on hold. I will work on using other platforms.