Freedom Mentor Reviews

A

Aileen1976

Hi - looking for advice on how to get selected for Phil Pustejovsky’s Freedom Mentor apprentice program. I came across him on YouTube and have already learned so much from him. I really want to be mentored by him and my interview is scheduled for next week. Anyone currently on the program or done it in the past? Any help you can give will be appreciated.

camille1

camille1

I don’t have personal experience but the program is well known and I’ve never heard of anyone not being accepted if they can pay the membership fees. Freedom Mentor seems a little less focused on upselling products than some similar organizations but at the end of the day they still want your money. Do you know what costs are involved? I heard they don’t provide the information upfront and that it varies - so sounds like it might depend on what they think you have. If you don’t have the details I would push to get them before your “interview.” Any interview should be a 2way process – remember it’s your money you’ll be risking not Phils. You have a right to ask them whatever questions you have too.

A

Aileen1976

camille1 camille1 – thanks that’s very good advice and I’m going to request those details now. Phil comes across as very genuine in his videos but I guess business is business and it pays to be cautious.

camille1

camille1

camille1 camille1 – thanks that’s very good advice and I’m going to request those details now. Phil comes across as very genuine in his videos but I guess business is business and it pays to be cautious.
Only a pleasure. Good luck and let us know what transpires!

E

Eldin

I don’t know if you’ve had your “interview” yet but I hope my post catches you in time. If you don’t mind me saying so, you sound a little naïve and I believe in straight talk. Any talk of limited spaces, only the select are chosen etc. is pure marketing speak designed to make you feel special for them agreeing to take your money. I’m not saying this just about Freedom Mentors, so don’t get me wrong, I’ve got nothing against Phil Pustejovsky and have not had any dealings with him or his company. What I’m going to tell you is just how these kinds of operations are set up.

Lets just say there is some serious psychology involved! In this country there is much guilt and shame associated with being poor. The natural inclination for people who are self-conscious about their financial situation is to lie a little and bump it up – especially when you think you won’t be accepted if you don’t. Down the line when you can’t contribute/spend what you promised, pressure is applied – we let you into “our club” and now you’re not “playing the game”.

And of course, because you know you lied, you feel bad and cough up money you can’t afford. Then they phone again, and again, til eventually you’re scared to pick up the phone let alone make use of the products you’ve paid for. It’s a win win for them because they have your money and don’t have to deliver anything. Very few people will ever actually call them on it. And if they do speak up, others will be told they are the lazy ones, the ones who lied to us, who weren’t committed – the program only works if you’re prepared to follow it blindly and trust us totally etc etc.

I’m guessing whatever money you have you’ve worked hard for and if you’re looking at RE for financial freedom the first step is to be responsible with your money and know what you’ll be getting for it and committing to. @camille1’s advice was spot on!!

jabriel

jabriel

This is not a mentoring program – you have access to a call center basically. You will have to wait sometimes up to an hour for your call to be answered. Your “mentor” doesn’t take time to review your leads so any answers they give you are pithy and they won’t remember talking to you the next time you call. There are so many reviews with people saying they had personal attention from Phil himself - utter BS. Maybe in the early days of the company but not anymore.

Kingsten

Kingsten

I can validate the above and also tell you the costs are not limited to the membership fees. Calls and even emails are not unlimited and when you run out you have to pay more. You also still have to pay a monthly partner fee of $197. Freedom Mentor also doesn’t provide leads and if you know anything about RE you’ll know success is dependent on accessing good leads before anyone else grabs them. I paid $3000 to join (others paid more I found out later so I guess I was lucky) and I walked away without recovering it. Phil takes 50% of your profits until you hit your profit goal – mine was $150 000 but I think that also varies. I figured with the work I was doing I’d rather take 100% of the profit and lose my $3000.

A

ailin

Hi everyone sorry for this update being so late but it took me a while to digest everything. I still feel a bit embarrassed but I’m so grateful for the honest replies I got and the time people took to help me. E Eldin you comment was especially difficult to read but I needed to hear that and I guess it was difficult because it hit home.

Okay – so what happened was I emailed to say I wanted a full breakdown on costs involved before my interview. I immediately got a call and was told how every applicant is different and Freedom Mentor process is to design a program especially for each individual and that it’s not possible to provide the information without answers to the interview questions. It sounded so sensible while she was explaining it to me. But then she starting telling me how so few people make it as far as I have and that they are very selective. Basically everything I was told to watch out for but even then it was only thinking about the conversation afterwards that I realised it. At the time I agreed to proceed with the interview. But the next day I cancelled it by email. I had a series of calls from them which I didn’t take. Maybe they are legit but I was already feeling pressured without even being on the program so I don’t think its for me.

To be honest I’m a bit wary of RE investment now but I’m going to stay on this forum and watch and learn. Maybe I’ll get my courage up again one of these days.

E

elazar

A ailin sorry if my comment made you feel bad – reading it now I realise it was a bit harsh. I’ve just seen so many people taken for a ride. It sounds like you handled yourself just fine in the end, so well done and don’t let this experience scare you off. It’s all a learning game but this forum is for people to share and help each other – FOR FREE!

violett75

violett75

I was also looking at Freedom Mentors and have found this thread very useful. I asked them (and other organizations) for contact details of references but none would provide them. Just referred me to the reviews on their own website and told me I would meet lots of successful members once I joined. If its so successful why not give references the way other businesses do???

T

Tayden

There are a lot of negative things being said here mainly by people who admit they don’t know Phil and have never dealt with Freedom Mentors. I’ve been with Freedom Mentors for almost four years and have been able to quit my job as a result of the income I make from my RE investments and I’m only 32. Yes the 50% is steep but it means they are invested in your success and work to help you. I would never have made any profits without Phil’s help and advice. And yes, I have met him personally, and yes he is a genuine good guy. And yes he is also a good businessman – the two are not mutually exclusive. A ailin I’m sorry you felt you had a bad experience but I wonder if the comments here didn’t set you up in a negative frame of mind. I’m happy for you to DM me if you want to discuss my experiences further. And before anyone accuses me of it – I do NOT work for FM.