How to get clients for credit repair business? Do ads work?

C

Carnold23

I am a real estate agent. I also have a credit repair business, which I have started a couple of months ago, but haven’t really worked much on it. I have only offered these services to my existing real estate clients. Now I wish to give some time to that business as well. I'm interested in knowing what strategies worked for you to get more clients? Do ads work?

Roxie

Roxie

You can get testimonials from your existing clients about how they have been benefited by your credit repairing services and use these during marketing-on your websites and at other places.

You can also partner with mortgage agents, financial planners, banks and other financial professionals and organizations to cross-market with your and their clients.

Finally, you can use social media to post useful information about credits for 80% posts and for the remaining 20%, you can promote your services. Client reviews and stories can help people get familiar with your services and also to put their trust in your company.

Good luck!

R

RaJ90

I would not call it a ‘credit repair’ or ‘credit building’ business. I think that credit is an important part of the ‘wealth building’ process. It is important for leveraging, as well as for other aspects of building the wealth. However, not many people consider it this way, but showcasing it as a way of enhancing and building wealth is a great way to attract customers. Try it out! All the best!

AMANI

AMANI

You should completely focus on the Benefits that you offer. In your marketing strategy, you can compare two people with similar demographics such as age, education, income, etc., but with different credits. One has a good credit, while the other one has a bad credit. You can point out the differences that they would have to face throughout their life, such as a house with a higher interest, a good car, etc. The difference in numbers is quite remarkable and worrisome for most people. You should portray yourself as a solution to this. People are looking for value. So, if you can provide a service which is genuinely valuable and gives good results, people will certainly come to you!

T

Tracy Perry

Like any other finance business, you can start with your local Chamber of Commerce by becoming their member (if you aren’t already). Actively taking part in their programs is a great way of getting your business the needed recognition.

In addition, advertisements in local magazines, newspapers and other publications that have a good turnover, will help you reach a greater number of people. These are a few ways of getting yourself recognized in the local community.

M

murray

I think that you should try and stick to one thing and be the best at that. Some businesses like to have everything for everybody. But that’s not how it works. It's great that you are helping your clients get more approvals, since real estate and credit repair go hand-in-hand. I own a credit repair company, but that’s all I specialize in. I have had many offers for starting up other financial services in my company, but that’s just not how I want to work. For me, I like to focus on one thing and put my best foot forward in it.

Most of my business is based on previous client referrals. However, we also do social media marketing, realtor referrals and even ads on the late night TV shows. We have our ads in the weekly magazines and in the Sunday newspapers. I think that all of these also help a great deal in getting the clients.

M

mylan

I agree with the above comment. If you divide your time between 2 businesses, you’ll get only average results in both. You should stick to the one where you feel the most committed and can partner with other people for the other business. If you want, you can work up an agreement regarding the referral commissions, which are within the constraints of the law. See if this is a good strategy for you. Good luck!

aldair1971

aldair1971

Hi,

The credit repair industry is a huge one and the FTC is always on the lookout for cracking down on the unauthorized repair businesses.

The Credit Repair Organizations Act (C.R.O.A.) is a part of the consumer protection law that controls the actions and behavior of the companies that are into the credit repair business. This act prevents misleading advertising by these companies, such as overestimating the improvement in the credits that can be achieved.

The first thing that you need to be sure of is that you are not violating the CROA, since a lot of credit repair firms are in violation of the act.

If you are unsure whether you are complying with the act or not, you most probably are not. I'm in the credit repair business myself and would willingly help you in becoming CROA compliant (if necessary). I can also share the strategies that worked for me to get more clients. Feel free to DM me if you are interested. All the best!

A

Airabella

We are a Loan Consolidation company and have been operational since the last 10 years. We use a lot of different methods to obtain clients, but the best method in the beginning of our business was relying on Word of Mouth.

Another way was to conduct Credit Counselling Seminars, many times in association with Lenders who were looking to obtain more clients as well. You can also contact your local Chamber of Commerce and set up a Credit/Loans seminar, which is free of cost for the attendees. So many people in USA have credit issues, but are too embarrassed to talk about it. However, these seminars are a great way to get such people together and when they see you as a credible source of information, they will automatically turn to you for help/advice. In turn, you get a good number of clients, without having to spend much in marketing.

Hope this helps!

B

Braedyn

Some of the answers have advised you to stay on one path and do well there, but I also believe that it’s great if you want to expand or test other waters. The real estate market is quite challenging and credit repair services may offer some added benefits that the real estate market may not. But make sure that you have good expertise about credit repairs or are really passionate about this it. Here are some tips to increase your clients (which can be applicable for your existing business as well)-
  1. Contact your clients from previous deals or whom you have worked with in the past. They will be more likely to work with you again, or may refer people who will be in need.
  1. Organize or participate in community events, seminars or conferences. You will be able to reach a wider audience in a short while, who will be more receptive to you. This could be an inexpensive way of marketing.
  1. Have a good advertising strategy by giving careful consideration to all the media options that are available. You need to define and identify your target market and find the best media to have an impact on them. This requires setting up a budget and also, having the patience to do it for a significant amount of time before it becomes successful in getting you clients.
My advice to you is that you should go in for this 2nd business if you are completely serious about it. If it is so, then develop a good business plan and then work hard to achieve the targets. I wish you all the very best!

1998Leana

I have used cell phone blast messaging and even radio advertising. These are quite basic approaches, but they help you in reaching a large number of people at once. And as someone said, there are some issues which people don’t openly talk about, but when they get an ad on their phones or listen to it regularly, they feel inclined to take action on those issues.

Also, advertising yourself on Facebook groups, Tweeting about interesting facts about the concerned topic, or even making short videos on YouTube can increase your reach and help to bring in more clients.

These are generalized tips for any business.

trenton

trenton

I am a licensed financial coach. I educate individuals as well as families to clear their debts, so that they can have a good and secure future. There are certain rules and regulations in our sector, which makes it difficult to market our services on social media. I mainly rely on referrals for increasing my client base. I am also a professional relationship builder, so that really helps me get good contacts. People know that they can rely on me and trust my capabilities and hence, refer even their closest friends and family.

Hope this is useful. Good luck!

R

Reynolds

I agree with a few of the comments. I think that you should focus on your strong points and leave the other one aside. But if you are more convinced about the credit repairs business, then you should completely transition to it. ‘jack of all, master of none’ may not be very beneficial.