Lawn care facebook ads: whats your experience

CeCiL

CeCiL

I would like opinions from people in the lawn care business-have you’ll used facebook ads for growing your business? I have been running my company since the past 4 months. I have heard from a lot of people that facebook ads are a great way to market the company, but I would like to know first hand experiences.
Hope you’ll have a great day!

kenneth

kenneth

It has certainly worked for me. I have started posting about the work that I have done on facebook and I'm certainly getting more clients now. The key is to keep posting frequently. Once people get exposed to your brand periodically, it becomes easy for them to remember you. So the next time they need such services, they automatically think of you.

B

Brayton1989

Facebook marketing seems quite simple, but there is a lot of science and analysis that goes into it. You can’t just keep posting things on FB to increase your ‘likes’. If you post an ad, it should directly lead to a landing page on your website, which probably has some incentives for the 1st order. Also, you need to know exactly what your target demographic is.

For example, in your industry, you need to target young parents, but not parents with teenagers. Young parents have too many things to do and mowing the lawn may not be on their priority list. However, if there are teenagers in the house, the parents may get the mowing done from them.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Such kind of strategizing requires experience and expertise. I run a digital marketing company and we have been doing FB ads since the past 2 years now. Do get in touch with me if you are interested in getting your marketing campaign done. Good luck!

CeCiL

CeCiL

It has certainly worked for me. I have started posting about the work that I have done on facebook and I'm certainly getting more clients now. The key is to keep posting frequently. Once people get exposed to your brand periodically, it becomes easy for them to remember you. So the next time they need such services, they automatically think of you.
That’s great to know! Do you happen to have any data on your ROI?

T

Tyrus

Yes, I think facebook ads do help. However, it may take some time to really work till you build your contacts and have loads of campaigns. We have started using it this year and it is working better than we had expected. Of course, you have to keep posting fresh and interesting content periodically.

K

klay

No, it has not really worked for us. Most of our business has been acquired by word of mouth and our connections in the community. The most inexpensive way of advertising yourself is by showing great character, doing a brilliant job the first time itself and also showing that you are reliable. You make the customer happy, they are sure to recommend you to others! Good day!

K

KY

If you are just starting out and plan to run your marketing campaign on your own, then FB ads may not work for you. You need proper experience and expertise for running a successful FB campaign. There are various factors that go into it like the message of the ad, the target audience, the frequency, etc., which when done by professionals, may work really well!

If you are planning to do the marketing yourself, you can get customers in other ways such as referrals, adwords, reviews, etc.

1966yunus

In my landscaping business of over 30 years, I haven’t really used any kind of an extensive advertising campaign. I have realized that keeping your existing clients happy even when your job is done, goes a long way. Saying ‘thank you for choosing us’, remembering their birthdays, sending holiday greetings, are little, but very effective ways of pampering them. The next time they need a repeat job, or someone else they know needs it, they will only think of you first. This method has kept me busy throughout the year with good clients. I wish you all the very best!

P

peggy

In my landscaping business of over 30 years, I haven’t really used any kind of an extensive advertising campaign. I have realized that keeping your existing clients happy even when your job is done, goes a long way. Saying ‘thank you for choosing us’, remembering their birthdays, sending holiday greetings, are little, but very effective ways of pampering them. The next time they need a repeat job, or someone else they know needs it, they will only think of you first. This method has kept me busy throughout the year with good clients. I wish you all the very best!
That's certainly a great suggestion. Customer care does go a long way in building your brand!

P

peggy

There is a website called nextdoor.com, which is available in certain locations in the U.S. you can check whether it’s available at your location. It's a great website that can link various nearby neighborhoods with each other. It may be really useful for your industry. You can get 1 or 2 people from your own neighborhood, do a great job for them and have them recommend you on the site. You will have to have your profile with all the info on the site first. One of my friends signed up for this site during the holiday season, posted his availability and he got around 10 calls within an hour!

You should give it a try! Good luck!

B

banyan

I have my own facebook page and I keep posting interesting posts every 3-4 days. That has really helped me become a well known name in my locality. However, I haven’t really tried paid ads. The maximum part of my work is through word of mouth. If you do decide to go ahead with the Facebook ads, I would really like to know how it turns out for you. Please do let me know!

T

technoguy

I think that FB is a brilliant tool for getting in new customers if you know how to target your specific audience, or have a company that does. There is so much information available online that it is very easy to market to your target clients. Facebook has great algorithms that can filter people into various groups based on their personal information or search history. The tedious work of manually finding out the right kind of people has now been replaced by FB’s ability to do it for you with the right kind of settings. So, if you have the technical knowledge of using Facebook in the correct way, or are willing to hire someone who can do it for you, I think that this could be a great strategy! 😊

Wilbur

Wilbur

I tried using Facebook ads for my lawn care business, but unfortunately, it did not work for me. Of course, this was around 4 years ago, so things may have been different then and they may have improved now. Also, digital marketing people may have got more experience in what works and what doesn’t, so they may be able to guide you better now. If you have a good budget for marketing (digital marketing companies charge quite a lot), you can give it a shot, considering how many people use FB everyday!