Looking for the truth about exp realty: Reviews & experiences

yazmine

yazmine

Hi all! I’m hoping to get the truth about Exp Reality from the members of this forum. I was given the hard sell almost two years ago by one of their agents who pretty much ambushed me at an open house. Apparently quite a common tactic. It was such an unprofessional thing to do and the guy himself was kinda slimy, plus the whole scheme just sounded “pyramidy.”

Now a good friend and colleague, someone whose judgment I really trust, is trying to persuade me to join her in leaving our current brokerage for Exp. These days I’m seldom in the office so contributing to office overheads doesn’t really make sense if it means I can take home a bigger share. But I’m not interested in recruiting other agents. Anybody had personal experience with Exp?

Ritthy

Ritthy

Hi all! I’m hoping to get the truth about Exp Reality from the members of this forum. I was given the hard sell almost two years ago by one of their agents who pretty much ambushed me at an open house. Apparently quite a common tactic. It was such an unprofessional thing to do and the guy himself was kinda slimy, plus the whole scheme just sounded “pyramidy.”

Now a good friend and colleague, someone whose judgment I really trust, is trying to persuade me to join her in leaving our current brokerage for Exp. These days I’m seldom in the office so contributing to office overheads doesn’t really make sense if it means I can take home a bigger share. But I’m not interested in recruiting other agents. Anybody had personal experience with Exp?
I've been with Exp 18 months now and would honestly never work for a non-virtual brokerage again if I had a choice. Exp is really innovative and their technology is their greatest asset – everything you need is online. The benefits are excellent, not just the stock options and revenue share but health insurance too. For experienced agents it’s a really good option.

R

reid

Also had only good experiences with Exp. I’m registered in two states so it’s great to handle all deals through a single brokerage. Don’t overthink it would be my advice.

M

Meh

There are agents who are strong on the recruitment side but it’s not encouraged as the core business focus. And the behavior you described wouldn’t be tolerated by management if they were informed of it. I’ve worked for Amway so believe me I can tell the difference. I’ve recruited a few agents myself but only because I genuinely believe it’s a great place to work.

Bachelor Teacher

Bachelor Teacher

Must agree that the tech is awesome. Exp World is a virtual campus where you can collaborate with other agents or speak to Accounting or Human Resources. You get to create your own avatar and everything.

A

allen

The revenue split at Exp is very favorable, especially considering the training provided which is really excellent.

M

MikeAdamle

Must agree that the tech is awesome. Exp World is a virtual campus where you can collaborate with other agents or speak to Accounting or Human Resources. You get to create your own avatar and everything.
Urgh -– con’t agree with you re Exp World, maybe I’m just too old but it’s a bit gimmicky for me. I’d be happy to do without it. I hardly use it currently. Would prefer to be able to just get on the phone and get answers from someone immediately.

Rosa

Rosa

I was with Exp and left after six months. I don’t have anything too negative to say – just that a virtual brokerage wasn’t for me. I like the routine of going into an office and chatting to colleagues face to face. The commission splits were very good though.

D

dylen

Had my fingers burnt back in 2015 working for Exp Toronto office when it was closed with two weeks notice. Left us high and dry.

K

Karolina

There are agents who are strong on the recruitment side but it’s not encouraged as the core business focus. And the behavior you described wouldn’t be tolerated by management if they were informed of it. I’ve worked for Amway so believe me I can tell the difference. I’ve recruited a few agents myself but only because I genuinely believe it’s a great place to work.
Not true - Exp is just another MLM – I was with them briefly and hated the whole virtual/gaming vibe but there was also definitely an emphasis on recruitment. They refer to it as “agent attraction” and you get sent videos of people making millions from their “downline.”

Kim

Kim

Was recruited to Exp as a new agent. My sponsor/mentor was useless and the training was very confusing for someone new to the industry. Felt huge pressure to close deals but absolutely no support. Left them for KW and still here 3 years later.