marketing to 40-50 year old women

mealymouth

mealymouth

Hi,
I'm starting a new line of products targeted specifically for the middle aged women. I know that a lot of women from this age group are extremely sceptical in trying out new products. They prefer to use the brand that they have been using all their life and aren’t very open to new stuff. So how do I market my brand or product to them? Are there different strategies for this age group? Your guidance will really help me reach more women out there.
TIA

B

Bruno

You market your products to sell, right? Then you need to find the best way to do that and one of them is ‘networking’! I’m a business coach and I always ask all the new start ups out there to start with networking. There is tremendous power in even One networking group and it can get you sales and lead that are worth thousands of dollars. There are a lot of professional networking groups that you can be a part of, but try to find one which is paid, so that you can be sure that the group is genuine and will really help you. There are many groups which have around 30 established members who come in almost every week.

Another method that I can think of is having joint venture partners. You should partner with those who have great potential to market your products.

If you are interested in knowing the details of these strategies or anything else, connect with me and we can discuss in depth. Good luck!

ander1980

ander1980

You should have targeted Facebook posts for that particular age group and also for the intent of your product. Facebook has the ability to integrate peoples’ information and their search history to categorize them into different groups. You can make use of it to get to that target group and make your ads or other content appeal to them. Till now, FB is the best platform for targeting and approaching the customers. The main challenge you may face is making them BUY your product, but building a relationship with them will go a long way in gaining their trust!

G

giavana

Hi, I first need to understand what kind of product will you be selling? And do you have a subset of audience from this age group with respect to their interests? Like, will your target be high end women, or fitness enthusiasts, or businesswomen, or anything else? Or all middle aged women? I think that if I have these details, I may be able to better respond to your question.

mealymouth

mealymouth

Hi, I first need to understand what kind of product will you be selling? And do you have a subset of audience from this age group with respect to their interests? Like, will your target be high end women, or fitness enthusiasts, or businesswomen, or anything else? Or all middle aged women? I think that if I have these details, I may be able to better respond to your question.
My product is an energy bar with a mix of superfoods that are essential for women in this age group. I don’t really have any other criteria.

Hamilton64

Hamilton64

I have been working in the entertainment industry for more than 40 years now. As a producer and director, I can tell you one thing that I have learnt-you may have great actors and a great budget, but if your story isn’t good, then the audience isn’t going to be interested. Your story needs to be a great one and something that really connects with your audience. The devil is in the details and the specifications that you put in.

When you market to a particular group of people, you should understand their interests, likes, spending capacity, etc. Then you can develop a marketing campaign.

N

nolen

Are you targeting all women in the age group of 40-50? Are there any other criteria?
If you are targeting EVERYONE, do you have an adequate budget for marketing? Because the number of people whom you are targeting is huge!
If you don’t have a huge budget, you really do need to further filter your criteria till you identify who your ideal client would be. You should identify the income criteria, their traits, choices, etc.
You should also decide whether you are going to have campaigns for special occasions and who are going to buy your products during these campaigns.
You also need to see how many players are there in your field and what novelty are you offering the customers.
You have to consider many such factors while planning your marketing strategy.

T

Tracy Perry

Here are some tips that I can offer when you plan on marketing to the non-millennials:
  1. Use a language that is familiar to them and conveys your message clearly. If you use trendy terms or internet language, they may not fully understand what you are trying to convey, resulting in the loss of potential customers. You can use references that they can relate to.
  1. Understand what they really want from a product like yours. A product may have different significance at different ages. Find out what your target audience cares about the most and try to incorporate that into your marketing plan.
  1. Gain their trust by reassuring them often. If you are taking their personal information, assure them that it won’t be misused. You can also offer them a money back guarantee or a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Be consistent with your beliefs and ethics, so as to not lose the trust that you have gained.
  1. You have to choose your social media platform wisely. Not all of them work in the same way with these people. Most of these people prefer Facebook over other platforms. So you need to strategize your marketing accordingly.
  1. Having said that, you shouldn’t restrict yourself to the online platforms only. Offline marketing may sometimes be more effective in this age group. Having a mix of both, would be an ideal solution.
  1. Try not to make your marketing too automated. If you are targeting an older demographic, try to include personalized ways of communication. Have a good customer support with actual people providing the necessary support.
  1. Last but not the least, keep your marketing and the message as simple as possible. This is especially important for online platforms. People may not be as tech savvy as the millennials.
I hope these things will give you a clear idea about how you should go about you marketing strategies. Do reach out if you need more help. Good luck!

P

poltroon

As already said by others, you need to further categorize your target customers. Once you do that, you will have a clearer idea about how to frame your messages and ads. You can’t really have the same message for all types of people, right? There will just not be able to reverberate with you at all.. You may even need to decide the kind of media you choose for marketing based on your target audience.

You have to spend adequate time on assessing 3 important points-Market, Message, and Media. Once you do that, you will be able to save yourself from a lot of frustration, disappointment and also your money.

All the best to you!

T

Trayce

I would suggest that in addition to understanding your core market, you should also focus on the scientific information and the health benefits of the functional foods that you are using. This generation is a well educated and well informed one and they tend to rely on facts more than anything else. If you educate them, they might be more willing to buy your product. However, since functional foods are a big trend now, they also need to know that it’s not just a fad, but also a way to take care of their health in the long term.